Create the Free tenant account on Office 365 for 30 days Back to Page 1
After completing this lab, you will be able to:
- Configure an Office 365 tenant.
- Configure a custom domain.
- Explore the Office 365 administrator interfaces.
- Practice with 25 users
The first step in starting the pilot deployment is to configure the Office 365 tenant. You need to create a new tenant using the xyz.onmicrosoft.com domain name. You will also need to create a custom domain using the abc_xyz_.hostdomain.com address and verify the ownership.
Note: For simplicity, this lab uses an ordinary Office 365 trial account, not a FastTrack pilot extended tenant account. Also, note that you need to create an account with a unique name in the form: abcxyz.onmicrosoft.com. You can use the alphanumeric value for xyz provided for you in the lab interface.
The main tasks for this exercise are as follows:
- Provision an Office 365 E5 trial tenant and global admin account
- Add a custom domain and verify ownership
- Complete the custom domain setup
- Verify Office 365 service health
- In the address bar, type https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-enterprise-e5-business-software, and then press Enter.
- Select Free trial.
Note: Microsoft will check whether you need new account or you continue with one you provided
- On the Welcome, let’s get to know you page, complete the following fields. Regardless of your location, use the following information:
- Country: United States
- First name: abc
- Last name: xyz
- Business email address: (use your new Microsoft account that you created for this course)
- Business phone number: Your mobile phone number, including international code for your current country
- Company name: JSS
- Organization size: 50-249 people
- Select Next.
- Create a unique domain for the Company name to use in the course. Use the ABCXYZ name provided in the lab interface. You will need to create and confirm a unique password. Write it down. You will need to use it later. For the rest of the fields, use the following information:
- User name: ABC
- Company name: ABCXYZ (where XYZ is your unique ABC number)
- Select Create my account.
- On the Prove. You’re. Not. A. Robot. page, confirm your identity using your mobile phone. Under Text me from the drop-down box, select the code for the country that you are now in.
- In the Phone number box, enter your correct mobile phone number.
- Ensure the Text me option is selected, then select Text me.
- When you receive the confirmation text on your mobile phone, enter the code provided in the Enter your verification code box.
- Select Next.
- Here on How you’ll sign in page, provide your own domain name in the format of abcxyz, you can use alphanumeric character on xyz place
- Provide the recommended password to proceed and wait for the initialization of your new tenant environment.
- Click to Get Started, please follow the guides to learn more about office 365 administration skills https://www.jobskillshare.org/hands-on-modern-it-professional-labs/
0 responses on "Create the free tenant account on Office 365 for 30 days"